Retour aux NewsInscription/RegisterIdentification/Log inRecharger la première page du forum/Reload the first page of the forumFaire une recherche/SearchListe des membresInformations & statistiques

Pages:  1

italian tour

Opération S
Administrateur

Voir son profil/View user  Son site web/User  Lui envoyer un message privé/Send a private mess.

Opération S

70 Messages Postés/Posts

Posté le/Post date : 22/05/2006 à 07:44 (Lu/Read 4207 fois)
Rép/Answ
Citer/Quote

On the way to Italy...
We first stopped in Valence, to visit the local crew. Cécilia is coming from the south, we are coming from the north, there's a really well known french song about that.
Then direction TORINO, for the first gig. It's not the Velvet, as it was first planned, but a nice squat. When we arrive, we hear people yellin in the basement, and find out it's people from a protestant church having a kinda voodoo ceremony, really weird. "ho lord, ho lord" and stuff like that, a woman is having a transe, they speak english cause actually they are all african baptists.
We were hoping they would come to the show, but they didn't, fuck, could have been strange and funny. A reasonable number of people shows up (which means more than 2 but less than a full venue, hard to calculate, I know, but it's like that). The most important is that Giampo is there, and I tell you why : we love him, and we're going to sleep at his place !!!
And it's gonna be for two days, cause the 00 UFO club, where we were supposed to play the day after... has burnt. hahahahaha, not funny for them, but it's the first time for us that a gig is cancelled for that reason.
Nothing special to mention about the gig, except that there is a big hole in the stage hidden with a carpet under Eve's feet, so this time she has to play quietly, although normally she goes wild and crazy and jumps everywhere, hahahahah.
Then we go to Giampo. Drink, drink, drink. late, late late.
Then shopping the next day. Torino is a nice place, we roam around (like Dion) all day long (like Joe Jackson).
We go to have lunch at the museum of cinema, cause there is an exhibition with a free buffet. Good. Then we hang around with Erica, she has a really cool ford capri, and she brings us to a mad place.

Imagine a bar where you can eat ALL YOU WANT for free. You are just supposed to have a drink, but as it's packed (of course!!) you can just get in, eat, then go. I can't understand the commercial meaning of this. Maybe there is nothing to understand, italian madness. BUT it's SO COOL!! yum yum!
Then re-shopping, then re-sleeping at Giampo's, then we leave the morning after.

We go to Milano marritima, on the adriatic sea. It's a small town, in front of the sea, the kinda 10 inhabitants in winter, 10000 in the summer.
The Loco squad is actually a pizzeria, and we are quite amazed and asking ourselves "who the hell is gonna come there tonight!". But they have a website, and tons of bands are playin there, so wait and see...

We have a support band, the No guitar trio, and it's a trio, with no guitar. hahaha!!
A bass, a drum, an organ with a hammond sound... so it's gonna be hammond groove, and good one, cool.
Lots of people show up, not really to see us actually, just to drink and see whatever live band it's gonna be. But they enjoy it, and we sell good merch. We go to sleep in a hotel quite late, and we take a bottle of... JAGERMEISTER at the bar, which is free cause it's open and there's nobody around!!

The day after, we visit the towm nearby, Cesena, where there's a cool record shop. We also eat our first pizza, well actually not me, cause there is seafood, and it's 1000 times better than a slice of bread with tomatoes on. I can do my own sandwiches!!

Tonight we play at the Madly pub pub, thanx to our great friend Gianni Fuso ! We all know the place cause we've already been there twice with our 60's alibi band Les Terribles. We are late, like always, and the club is still closed... normal, it's Italia!
We meet Gianni, and start the soundcheck. Tonight we share the venue with a local band, the Stinking polecats. They bring tons of gear, huge amps, and they are all tattoed, so we really think they are going to play brutal hard core. But no, it's just some Social Distortion !!
hahahaha, so funny to hear the first song!!
Tonight we play a little bit late (the Polecats are stuck on stage, and playin five mn songs...) and I have to confess that three people in the band had lotsa booze.. guess who!!
So the show is fun and chaotic, we enjoy ourselves a lot.
Then we go sleepin in the townhall building, a huge 16th century kind dungeon, with tons of empty rooms, it's cool.

THEN... Roma. The club is a little bit in the suburb, it's called TRAFFIC, a really well known club, that had a different name before, tons of bands had played there.
We arrive on time (again!! bad habit...) and of course there is nobody, so we call Lavi, she's on her way, and the boss of the club is not there yet cause he was caught the day before drinkin and drivin (good song hahaha) and he has no more driving licence. The other bands tonight are the Traggicz, and Sunglasses after dark, I'll talk about them later.
We start the soundcheck, but all the gear is not there cause one band thought we were bringing stuff and the other thought the other band would bring blablabla... see what I mean?
But we make it, and the sound is gonna be cool. I use the Sunglasses after... peavey tube amp, and it's a fuckin good amp, I'm really amazed, it's a little 50 w combo amp but it works, believe me... another kick in Marshall's legend.
The Sunglasses and Traggicz are two really good bands.
Don't be stuck on the way they are dressed hahaha, so weird. It's really like bad bad taste 70's US punk. We like it!!!

The Traggicz have a killer ep on Hate Rcds, buy it or die.
After the show, drinking, we go to Lavi's place, we are 7 to sleep in a little flat, which is cheap to rent cause the bathroom is also a laundry and the toilets, unbelievable!!! what a mess when ten drunk people try to take a shower in that!!
I'm not tired (yet) it's 7 o'clock, the sun is rising (I'm a poet sometimes, no?) so I decide to go to the Vatican. Today it's easter day, so I think there's gonna be some good party there, no?
I walked all the way to the Vatican, on the tiber' banks, there was nobody. Experience. That's what Jimmy Hendrix would have said, no? no, you're right, he would have been pissed, and he'd probably have died in his vomit hahahah!!!

Before hittin the road, we pay a visit to Lavi's boyfriend store, he sells t-shirts, and prints them ... cool

Then last gig in "Italia"... Jack the Ripper, in Ronca, near Verona. We share the stage and the gear (actually THEY share their gear hahaha) with a bunch of local punk rockers, Super Sexy Boys 86, curious name, after asking, it appears that one of them at least was born in 86. They are boys. But Super sexy? hahahaha!! They play well, their gig is fast and energetic, another great band in Italy. It's our last gig so like always it's a bit chaotic. We drink a lot, and we are betrayed by the amps!!! yes!!! the bass amp dies on stage, mine (the one I play with) has trouble too and, while jumpin, I fall on Cécilia, and hurt her, and break my jack... good fun.
We finish to sell our merch tonight, it's really cool, and guys want us to sign their records and... their jacket, yes!!! Iwan writes "tomorow you will regret it" hahaha!!

Day after, last shopping. Olive oil, Parmiggiano, copa, wine, Mussolini's statue.. no, not true, we didn't find the gas station that sells it!!!
Return trip. Nothing to mention.

Thanx to Andrea, who booked us, and all the people involved in that really funny tour. Thanx to the bands who brought their gear, as we were only travelling with our dicks and our knives, as we say in France. We hope to come back... of course.

--------------------------------
:::OPERATION S::::

Pages:  1

Retour aux NewsInscription/RegisterIdentification/Log inRecharger la première page du forum/Reload the first page of the forumFaire une recherche/SearchListe des membresInformations & statistiques

Réponse/Answer

Vous écrivez en tant que/You're posting as :  Login :   Password :
  Si vous écrivez en tant qu'Invité, password n'est pas nécessaire/If you write as a Guest, the password isn't necessary
Titre/Title :
 [citation] [image] [flash]

[gras/bold] [italique] [souligné/underline]
 [barré/stike] [exposant/superscript] [indice/subscript]
 [agrandir/big] [reduire/small] [code]

[noir/black] [blanc/white] [jaune/yellow] [orange/orange]
 [rouge/red] [violet/purple] [bleu/blue] [vert/green]

Prévisualiser le message/Preview the message

Go!

Obtenez votre forum Aztek sur http://www.forum-aztek.com - Administration - MyStats
Aztek Forum V4.00 Copyright (C) 2003 - Liens - Page générée en 0.1963 seconde avec 15 requêtes